RSS Feed

Call with your Garden Questions

Call tomorrow, Saturday, January 14, 2012.  I’ll be on the radio filling in for my friend and coauthor Walter Reeves, on the Lawn and Garden Show, WSB AM750, from 6am to 10am.   Call with your gardening questions–  404.872.0750 or 1.800.972.8255

Viburnum macrocephalum in my garden, spring 2011

6 Responses to “Call with your Garden Questions”

1. Karen Mowry says:

YAY! I will try to get through. I particularly want to know if I can successfully cut WAY back two cherry laurels by my garage.

Can’t wait to hear your voice again,

Karen

2. J.D. Waddell says:

What a beautiful Viburnum! As a child growing up in WV, I very much enjoy our 15 foot tall “Snowball” or as some called it, “Pom Pom” bush. A great plant for it beauty and its ability to attract birds; both as a food source and a great hide-away from predators.
    Will attempt to call during your radio program; however, with the number of people that will be attempted to talk to you, it’ll be like winning the lotto if one gets through.

3. gardningirl says:

I planted two Snowballs a couple of years ago. Am anxiously waiting for the great show I know they’ll give.

4. Janet Krikston says:

Will try to call. Am particularly interested in knowing if putting poppy seeds in in the fall or early winter will germinate in the spring. Have tried to plant them in the summer and have had no luck. Hope we can talk

5. Erica says:

Janet,
    By now you probably have your question answered about poppy seeds. In Zone 7 the best time to sow the seeds is in fall but I would also try very early in the spring. Late Feb would be worth a try. They need light to germinate so don’t cover them up, just a light dusting of soil. Good luck.

6. Erica says:

Yes, Karen. If your cherry laurels are too big, I would cut them back hard in late Feb., keep them watered and mulched. Good luck.